- Rogue Ales recently brewed up something called Mom Ale, according to Portland-based Willamette Week. This ale, also known to some as MoM Hefeweizen, is described by Rogue as "a refreshing, unfiltered fusion of wheat and Northwest Harrington malts, coriander, ginger, and Saaz hops in the Belgium style." The beer is done up in tribute to the late founder of Mo's Restaurants, which does some damm fine clam chowder. Here's to Mo.
- Full Sail is back with LTD 02, according to the company's most recent newsletter. It's the same recipe as before and only available for a limited time.
- Speaking of Full Sail, another tidbit is news of its Prodigal Sun IPA coming in June. It's part of the brewery's Brewmaster Reserve series and is described as "a strong hop flavor and bitterness. Pale, Caramel, Honey and Munich malt give this beer a solid malt character." It will be on draught and and in 22 ounce bottles through September.
- And yet more Full Sail - John Foyston, beer scribe for The Oregonian, reports the Hood River brewery is set to come out with a small batch draft beer as part of its new Brewer's Share series. These beers, which will come out about every six weeks, look to be pet projects for the Full Sail brewers. The first one, "Extra Special Barney" (ESB), will be on tap, it looks like, May 12th.
- Shout outs to Foyston and Jeff Alworth over at Beervana for noticing our new blog...and John, check out our links section. We don't think you are evil...much :)
Friday, May 9, 2008
Some Fresh Brew News
So we've got a few random bits of brew news to pass your way as you get ready to enjoy what will hopefully be a wonderful Pacific Northwest weekend. You'll fine word of some new ales from Rogue and Full Sail, including some special small batch goodness: