- Record attendance with around 70,000 people - 15 percent increase over last year.
- 15 percent increase in beer sales.
- Prices remained at the same for tasting despite rising keg costs.
- 73 different craft beers from 18 states.
- Top selling beer - Cascade Brewing’s Razberry Wheat out of southwest Portland.
- Also popular: Hell or High Watermelon by San Francisco’s 21st Amendment Brewery, Widmer's Full Nelson.
- Estimated economic revenue for the state: $1.5 million.
- Begin planning for next year - July 23rd through July 26th!!
Friday, August 1, 2008
2008 OBF Draws 70K Worth of Beer Lovers
With the 2008 Oregon Brewers Festival now one for the books, the Oregon Beer Guild announced a recap of the festival. You can read the full details here, but the essentials are below: