Friday, June 5, 2009
Seattle's Kress Supermarket Offers Neighborhood's Most Comprehensive Beer Selection
Kress IGA Supermarket, a full-service grocery store located in downtown Seattle, is offering one of the most comprehensive beer selections in the neighborhood. Kress IGA Supermarket’s selection is comprised of craft beers from every corner of the world including Belgium, Poland and New York, many of which can be hard to find in the Pacific Northwest.
Highlights from Kress IGA Supermarket’s beer selection:
· Aspall Cyder (www.aspall.co.uk/) – From Suffolk, England, Aspall Cyder has won more than 20 awards since 2000 including World’s Best Cider.
· Bear Republic (www.bearrepublic.com) – A Micro-brewery located in Sonoma County, Bear Republic is known for their hand selected ingredients producing such products as the award winning Hop Rod Rye.
· Duchesse de Bourgogne – The traditional Flemish red ale, Duchesse de Bourgogne is from the Verhaeghe brewery that was established in 1875 in the castle-farm in Vichte, West Flanders of Belgium.
· Iron City (www.ironcitybrewingcompany.com) – From Pittsburg, Iron City Brewing Company is known for their quality beers and lagers including Iron City, IC Light and Augustiner.
· Perla (www.stawskidistributing.com) – Brewed in Perla Lublin, Poland, Perla Chmielowa is considered to be one of the most popular beers in the region.
· Piraat – From Belgium, Pirrat Ale is known as a pirate beer and was brewed, according to Belgium’s history, to be taken out to sea.
· Southern Tier (www.southerntierbrewing.com) – Southern Tier Brewing Company of Lakewood, New York, has been in operation since 2004 and currently produces more than 12,000 barrels annually.
· Warka Okocim (O.K. beer) – Located in Poland, Okocim Brewery is one of the oldest and most renowned breweries in the country.
About Kress IGA Supermarket:
Kress IGA Supermarket is a full-service grocery store located in the heart of downtown Seattle at 1427 Third Avenue, just three blocks from the Pike Place Market. Offering a variety of products from iconic Seattle purveyors, as well as familiar national brands, Kress bridges the gap between local businesses and full-service supermarkets. Open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Kress serves as a convenient lunchtime destination for downtown’s estimated 13,000 professionals and pedestrians, while also providing downtown’s growing number of residents a local grocer. For more information please call (206) 749-9500 or visit www.kressiga.com for more information.